lots of interesting things, kinda

Posted on 12:58 PM, under

Mustache is gone for good. I realized that some things are not meant to be, and some people are not meant to have facial hair.
So, im trying to think back to what I have been up to the last week and a half.
Well last Monday, Dan’s car was broken into and one of the girl’s purses was stolen. It sucked because she now needs to get a new passport and id and what not. The window on the door was broken as well, so a few of us went to the states to look for a new door at some junk yards. After hours of searching, we found a door with all the parts we needed.

We had a worship sesh Tuesday night, Kelly has been helping me the guitar a little bit, so I had a chance to play some songs with him and dan.
Friday, I went to church with a few of the guys at the playas church. After church we had coffee at starbucks and talked about som stuff. While there, there was like 20 police cars that drove by, it was pretty cool. Later that night a group of people came down from sandals. It was nice to see some familiar faces, and to receive the gifts a few had made and got for us. I now have plenty of candy, and had some great home made cookies.
The same weekend as sandals, another group came down to stay with us for a few days. They were making a documentary about human trafficking. They started their film here in Mexico, and were making their way up the 5 after a stop in Vegas. The group was a lot of fun, and encouraging hearing their stories, of what they are doing and why they are doing it. We also prayer walked with them in th redlight district. I hate going there, but I felt like I should give it another try. We also met a high ranking officer because he was going to meet with the group and give an interview, but he had other things he had to take care of.
Sunday, Kelly and I went to san Diego where we met up with our good buddy Johannes, we went to the flood church which was really cool to go to an English speaking church. The lesson was on our foreign places, and how it doesn’t have to be an actual place, but it can be a time or a way we feel. Like being a father, or just lost a job, depression and so on. I really could relate, because I have felt like that lately, partly being in a different country, but also because I just kinda left my job and im thinking about what im going to do when I get back. I have really felt lately about starting a church, I don’t know how or when, but I will be looking more into that when I get home in December. I still don’t know if I will go back to Baja for the second semester or not, but I really don’t think I will.
This week, we have a pastor teaching the book of James to us. He makes sure to take his time on each chapter, which is good for all of us not to rush. I keep promising him to take him to get a burrito, but things keep coming up, but we did get coffee twice now. The first time, we went to a shop up the street from us, it was nice and sure did taste pretty good. The second coffee shop was a pretty fancy one and the brew master is actually an international brewer. I don’t know what my drink was, but it was good, and they put a design on the foam.
Since the students helped with the groups on our days off, the dean of men and director took is out for Chinese food. The Chinese food restaurant was big, but there weren’t many people eating there, I guess Chinese isn’t a big thing in MEXICO. Haha. The whole time while we were there, Rory was staring into the room behind us, he swore that there was a mob meeting going on, when we were getting ready to leave, a few cops showed up and looked like they were getting ready to eat, Rory swore that a battle was about to begin and he didn’t want to leave. Lol

edit post

0 Reply to "lots of interesting things, kinda"

  • Post a Comment