sick but alive

Posted on 6:02 PM, under


It’s been a while since I have written on here, partly because I have been really sick for the last week and partly because I am getting lazy with it.
Last Saturday Kelly’s Mom and Grandma came down to visit him for his birthday. They took us to a town called Puerto Nuevo south of Rosarito. The town is a tourist town, so all of the shop owners were out harassing everyone to come in and shop at their store. I wasn’t there to shop and I couldn’t escape from everyone trying to get me to shop there. It was a very stressful walk down 1 or 2 blocks of vendors. Finally we found a restaurant where we were going to eat some lobster. The lobster was a nice lunch to have with a beautiful view of the beach to our side.
The next day I went to a church in El Florido with the Director, the speaker for the week and My roommate Rory. We arrived an hour early because Mexico had a time change a week before the states did, so it threw us off a little. It was ok because they have Sunday school classes for different ages. Rory and I went and sat in on the jovenes class, which is pretty much anyone not married from 15-30. We talked about what we thought we would see in heaven and what the Bible says what we will have there. After class, the teacher asked me if I would explain the congregation what we learned in class, so the English speakers would know.
After class, Rory and I had Ryan drop us off at the border so we could go into San Diego. I wanted to take Rory to get a burger at In and Out, because he is not from California. We also did some shopping at a target and walked around down town. That night is when I started to feel sick. I was feeling dizzy and I had a cough. The next morning, I woke up feeling like poop so I went back to bed and wasn’t able to go to class. I had my temperature checked and it was at like 100.8 so I took some Nyquil to help with that. I was still sick the next day and I continued to mostly sleep all day. When I wasn’t sleeping I got really good at freecell and spider solitaire. My back was killing me from all the laying down and I just was tired of being sick. On wed I started to feel better and I even made it to class for half of a session but then went back to bed because I was not ready to be out and about. Finally Thursday I was well enough to come out and participate in class, but I felt so far behind that a lot of the material went over my head.
On Friday after class, I went to San Diego to meet up with my Friends Raylyn and Bailey at a piano bar in the gas lamp district. It was nice to be in that environment because I love to sing aloud with other people. Some of the material was pretty bad, but I didn’t stay too late so I could make it back home in time for curfew. On the way home I was ridding the trolleys and I got off in the wrong part of town, it was pretty scary and I thought it was the last stop for a trolley in that area. So after some fast thinking I realized that if I walked 12 blocks east, I could catch another trolley and hopefully make it to the border before too late. Along the 12 blocks there were random ghetto people and a crack head who yelled at me when I asked for directions; I ended up running half of the way to the train station just in time to catch the trolley. I ended up getting on a trolley that was too full and a lot of the people on the trolley were on some sort of drugs. I met a cool guy though names tc from Chicago, he is trying to get into the movie writing industry and I hope he makes it big someday because he was a nice guy. I finally made it back home to the Castillo and felt so relieved after the crazy trip back home.

edit post

0 Reply to "sick but alive"

  • Post a Comment