1st peter 3

Posted on 9:55 PM, under

Today in class, we read some more of 1st peter, where it talks about women submitting and husbands need to respect your wives. I never thought growing up that men were more superior to women and i still don't. In chapter 3 vs 8,it says "Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing".
I struggle with this more now than ever, i know we need to live together in harmony but i seem to always want to stir things up. sometimes i think it is good to have ideas stirred up and to be on your toes, but i am starting to feel bad when i poke fun at someone or don't feel for someone when they are feeling a certain way(pain, sadness, joy) i have become so guarded that i don't care about people anymore.

The next few are tough as well because it says something about loving others as brothers/sisters. my family has never really been super lovey dovey, so when i think of love like a brother, i think about the way i love my brother. He may never know it, but i have always been one of his protectors. Yeah i picked on him and we never have deep conversations about our lives. I would love to have a relationship with him like you see on TV, but he is so anti social. so back to loving others like i love my brother, I think i already do this in the way i love him, i show my love in weird ways, like making fun of everyone and always having people back when they need me. I'm there when they need money, a ride or even someone who will just listen. Maybe i should stop beating myself up about the way i love, because it truly is my way, i just need to be more conscious of how the other party receives my actions of brotherhood.

edit post

0 Reply to "1st peter 3"

  • Post a Comment