back to it

Posted on 5:25 PM, under

Well, I have had a lot of time to think about what is going on in my life. To be honest, i didn't come up with much. I finished my semester at Baja Bible in December, and returned back to Riverside. That first month was really weird to adjust back to things here. I didn't have "good" Mexican food at my fingertips the way i did in TJ. I wasnt surrounded by people who actually talk about God every day. I really do miss the people there, but i am still connected with most of them. I returned to BBS in January to attend their Perspectives class for 3 weeks. The class was really powerful. I learned a lot about being a missionary and church planting. I really have a passion of being more tactical in the was we(Christians) do missions.
After i returned home again, i started back at RCC where i took 3 classes(almost done). I still make trips down to see my friends down there but i havent been since the first week in April.
A really cool opportunity i have with BBS is to work for them as a volunteer at summer camps in California. Rory Andrew and i will be going to different camps helping out wherever they need us. Im pretty sure the point is to share how BBS opened our eyes to different things. One thing i really would like to do with the guys is road trip up to cannon beach oregon to see Mike and Jason(BBS speakers). I have heard all sorts of things about cannon beach and i cant wait to see it some day. these last 2 years, i have made friends all over the U.S. and i even have quite a few friends overseas. Its nice to know that if im ever in a certain place, i can make a phone call and see a friendly face or get advice on what to do. I dont know how to put this in words the way i feel inside, but i am truely blesses by the people i know and have met along the way in my life. I hope that they feel as least half the way i do about meeting me.
I havent written in this forever and i really forgot how much i enjoy writing and recapping what has been going on in my world.
I love you all, even the ones who dont know i have this Blog( and i have told you a million times).

edit post

2 Reply to "back to it"

  • Jen on May 15, 2010 at 8:14 AM

    I'm praying for you my friend...

     

    Mrs. Schissler on May 23, 2010 at 8:34 AM

    Although I haven't had the same experiences as you, I understand the growth that occurs when living in a foreign place with foreign people. I know what its like to constantly discuss the Father and all He has to offer and how He has and continues to work in my life and in this world. Being in this place broadens your perspective on life and what truly matters. Does a "good" job or a nice house or a nice car truly matter in this life? If we never obtain those things can we still be successful? And who measures success anyways? This world? Are we here to please the world, or the Father who made this world?
    The world... isn't it a beautiful place? Filled with different faces and cultures, all offering many different flavors and smells and sights. Some good and some bad, but all make you realize how grand and diverse this world is and how Great our Father is. I think one of the most wonderful things in life is learning, loving on and sharing with people from a culture different than your own. I believe all believers should experience this at least once if not more through out their lives. If you read His word, you will constantly see how He is all about the World, or the nations, and if He is all about the nations, shouldn't we be too? hmmm... So much to ponder. Sorry this is more like a post than a comment.

     
  • Post a Comment